Contains Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg. Generic drug Zytiga. Abiraterone is a medicine used to treat prostate cancer. In particular, it is used in conjunction with a corticosteroid for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and metastatic highly sensitive castration-sensitive prostate cancer.
What Abiratred 250/500mg is used for:
Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250 mg is indicated for use in combination with prednisone for the treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who have already received prior chemotherapy containing docetaxel.
Note. If a drug has been approved for a single use, doctors may decide to use the same drug for other problems if they think it might be helpful.
How to take Abiratred:
- Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg is a tablet taken by mouth.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach [2 hours after a meal or an hour before]
- It should be taken at about the same time every day.
- Prednisone [10 mg daily] should be taken with Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg.
- The amount of Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg you get depends on many factors. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
If you need Abiraterone for personal use, contact me. I’m here to help you. I will arrange this medicine at the lowest affordable price. You can contact me directly on WhatsApp https://wa.me/+919999344593 or send me a direct e-mail email@example.com
Abiratred side effects:
- Important things to remember about the side effects of Abiraterone acetate:
- Most people do not experience all of the listed side effects of Abiraterone.
- Abiraterone acetate side effects are often predictable in terms of onset, duration, and severity.
- Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250 mg side effects can be quite manageable. There are many options to minimize or prevent the side effects of Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg.
The following side effects are common in patients taking Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg (occurring in more than 30% of cases):
- Fluid retention
- Increased triglycerides
- Increased liver enzymes (AST)
These side effects are less common (occurring in 10-29%) of side effects for patients receiving Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg:
- Joint swelling/discomfort
- Decreased levels of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
- Peripheral edema (swelling of the hands/feet)
- Muscle pain/discomfort
- Decreased levels of phosphorus in the blood (hypophosphatemia)
- Hot flashes
- Urinary tract infections
- Increased ALT (liver enzyme)
Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250 mg Price works by inhibiting certain “enzymes” in the adrenal glands that are responsible for the production of androgens. For this reason, there is an increased risk of excessive production of mineral corticosteroids in the body when taking Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg. As a result, Abiraterone acetate can cause hypertension [high blood pressure], hypokalemia [low potassium levels in the blood], and fluid retention. Because of this risk, Abiraterone should be used with caution in patients with a strong cardiovascular history, and patients should be closely monitored for these symptoms. Dosing in conjunction with prednisone will reduce the risk of mineralocorticoid excess.
Not all side effects are listed above. Side effects that are very rare – occurring in less than 10 percent of patients – are not listed here. But you should always tell your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms.
When to see a doctor:
Immediately, day or night, contact your doctor if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Fever 100.4 ° F (38 ° C or higher, chills)
- Chest pain or irregular heartbeats
- Labored breathing
- Inability to urinate for 8 or more hours
- Always tell your doctor if you have any unusual symptoms.
The following symptoms require medical attention but are not urgent. Contact your healthcare professional within 24 hours noticing the following:
- Significant headache
- Diarrhea (4-6 episodes in 24 hours)
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Black or tarry stools, or blood in your stool
- Severe fatigue (inability to practice self-care)
- Yellow discoloration of your skin or eyes
- Unusual high blood pressure
- Always tell your doctor if you have any unusual symptoms.
Before starting treatment with Abiraterone acetate, be sure to tell your doctor about any other medicines you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.). Do not take aspirin, products containing aspirin, unless authorized by your doctor.
Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg is not currently indicated for use in women. However, if women are prescribed
Abiraterone getting pregnant should be avoided and the woman should not breastfeed.
should not be given to women who are pregnant or intending to become pregnant. Pregnancy category X (Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. If a woman becomes pregnant while taking Abiraterone acetate IP 250/500mg, treatment should be stopped immediately and the woman should be consulted).
It is not known if Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg is released into semen, so men should use a condom and other birth control method during treatment and for 1 week after the last dose of Abiraterone.
Abiratred Self-Service Tips:
Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg and prednisone should be used together, and neither medication should be interrupted or discontinued unless your doctor tells you to.
- Take at the same time every day
- Take on an empty stomach
- You will need to continue to receive LHRH / GnRH agonist injections (i.e. Zoladex®, Lupron®, Trelstar®, etc.) throughout your Abiraterone acetate 250 mg treatment.
- If you are experiencing hot flashes, wear light clothing and stay in a cool place to reduce symptoms. Consult your doctor if they get worse or become unbearable.
- As a general rule, the consumption of alcoholic beverages should be kept to a minimum or completely eliminated. You should discuss this with your doctor.
- Ample time to rest.
- Maintain good nutrition.
- If you experience symptoms or side effects, be sure to discuss them with your doctor. They may prescribe medications and/or offer other suggestions that are effective in addressing such problems.
Monitoring and testing while taking Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg :
You will be checked regularly by your doctor while you are taking Abiraterone acetate Tablet to monitor side effects and check your response to therapy. Periodic blood donations will be done to monitor your complete blood count (CBC) as well as the function of other organs (such as your kidneys and liver) as your doctor deems necessary.
How Abiratred works:
Hormones are chemicals produced by glands in the body that enter the bloodstream and cause effects on other tissues. The use of hormone therapy to treat cancer is based on the observation that receptors for certain hormones that are required for cell growth are found on the surface of certain tumor cells. Hormone therapy can work by stopping the production of a particular hormone, blocking hormone receptors, or replacing chemically similar agents with an active hormone that cannot be used by a tumor cell. The different types of hormone therapy are classified according to their function and/or the type of hormone it affects.
The growth of prostate cancer is stimulated by male hormones (androgens / testosterone). Reducing the production of these hormones is critical in helping men fight prostate cancer. Androgens are primarily produced by the testes and adrenal glands. However, in men with advanced prostate cancer, metastatic tumors by themselves are capable of producing testosterone. Typically, prostate cancer responds to treatment that lowers androgen levels. Many treatments for androgen deprivation reduce androgen production by the testes, but do not affect androgen production in other parts of the body, such as the adrenal gland or a tumor.
Abiraterone acetate works differently than other treatments for androgen deprivation. Abiraterone acetate Tablet IP 250/500mg interacts with an enzyme that is expressed in tumor tissues of the testis, adrenal glands, and prostate gland and is required as part of the process of androgen production in the body. Due to this interference, the amount of androgens produced is reduced. Abiraterone acetate Tablet blocks androgen production in three sources; testicles, adrenal glands, as well as from the tumor itself.
Note. We strongly recommend that you talk to your healthcare professional. The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, but does not replace medical advice.