What is Bdenza (Enzalutamide) 40 mg Capsules?
Prostate cancer is one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers. Cancer develops when the volume of testosterone decreases. The disease continues to grow, spreading to other parts of the body including the bones and leading to metastatic hormonal prostate cancer. Although androgen depletion treatment persists, the disease progresses, however, Bdenza 40 mg Capsule is very effective in the treatment of non-metastatic prostate cancer.
- Ingredients Bdenza 40 mg
- Active ingredient: Enzalutamide 40mg.
- Specification: Box of 4 blisters x 28 tablets.
- Origin: BDR Pharmaceuticals Int’l Pvt Ltd India
What are the uses of Bdenza (Enzalutamide) 40 mg Capsule?
Male hormones are often referred to as androgens. Testosterone is one of these androgen-secreted hormones that are primarily responsible for the growth and development of cancer cells present in the prostate gland.
Apparently, the drug Bdenza (Enzalutamide) 40 mg Capsule, an anti-androgen drug works by inhibiting this mechanism and reducing or stopping the growth of tumor cells.
The drug exhibits a strong anticancer effect by reducing cell propagation that ultimately leads to cell death and reduces cancer volume. Therefore this drug is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Dosage and how to use Bdenza 40 mg
Treatment with Bdenza 40 mg Capsule should be initiated and monitored by a physician experienced in the treatment of prostate cancer.
The usual dose is 160 mg once a day, at the same time each day. The doctor may have to reduce the dose or stop the treatment if the patient experiences certain side effects.
Side effects of Bdenza (Enzalutamide) 40 mg Capsule
- Time to show response is not clinically proven. Similarly, the amount of time the drug will remain active in the body is also unknown
- Bdenza is not recommended for use in women, children and adolescents, especially pregnant and lactating mothers.
- For patients who are allergic to Bdenza Enzalutamide 40 mg Capsule or other active ingredients contained in it, the drug is not recommended.
- The drug has a risk of causing falls and fractures in patients. Therefore, extreme care should be taken when taking doses. Furthermore, based on the patient’s age, medical condition, and disease severity, medication should be taken
- Medicine has the potential to cause dizziness, fatigue and visual disturbances, so driving or working in heavy machinery is not recommended.
- The drug Bdenza is not recommended during pregnancy because it can harm an unborn baby even to death.
- Other side effects include peripheral edema, back pain, arthralgia, and musculoskeletal pain.
Difficulty urinating or noticeable blood in the urine.
The use of Bdenza drug to treat prostate cancer
Metastatic prostate cancer
Bdenza was compared with placebo in a primary study involving 1,199 patients with castration-resistant, metastatic prostate cancer who had previously been treated with docetaxel.
In this study, was more effective than placebo in prolonging patient survival: on average, patients treated with Bdenza lived for 18 months, compared with 14 months for patients receiving placebo.
Bdenza was also compared with placebo in a second primary study of 1,717 patients with metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer in whom hormone therapy had failed, but had no symptoms or mild symptoms. and have not been previously treated with chemotherapy. BILLION
Median survival of patients treated with Bdenza 40 mg was approximately 32 months compared with 30 months for patients treated with placebo. In addition, patients treated with lived longer without disease worsening on radiographs: 20 months compared with 5 months for patients treated with placebo.
Non-metastatic prostate cancer
The drug was compared with placebo in a study involving 1,401 patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer at high risk for metastasis. Patients treated with Bdenza lived an average of 37 months without metastasis compared with 15 months on place.
We do not personally deal in offering any medical advice to our customers. We solely provide our opinions and descriptions of the medicines depending upon the information gathered from the brands. The brand and the trademark of the drugs belong exclusively to their respective owners. The description that we offer is only for the clinics, pharmacies, wholesalers, resellers, and similar others. Different medicines can react differently to different individuals and can show unpredictable side effects. Hence, we always advise buying any of the medicines only with a proper prescription.